*

Toxicity: risk for toxicity will certainly vary based upon the lot ingested. Minimal exposure in young children has a low threat for toxicity.

Expected symptoms: Minimal exposure generally results in an unpleasant taste. Much longer exposure have the right to have higher effects, such together symptoms the alcohol intoxication.

What to do: Wipe out the child’s mouth with a wet cloth or rinse the mouth. Provide your child a drink of water to help get the taste out of the mouth. Contact the Missouri Poison center immediately.

You are watching: What happens if you drink perfume


Perfumes and also colognes are tempting come children. They not just smell good, they also come in ornate, beautiful bottles that youngsters may be curious about. If parents usage fragrances, children may desire to mimic lock or even try to taste the liquid.

Most perfumes and also colognes save on computer a mix of important oils, water-soluble components, and also alcohol. The amount of alcohol in perfumes and colognes deserve to vary. Once spritzed, the alcohol and also water evaporate, leaving a pleasant odor on the skin.

If youngsters spray the product on your skin, they might feel mild skin irritation. Usually, this is relieved by merely washing the skin through soap and water.

Note: If your boy has gained perfume or fragrance right into their eyes, call the Missouri Poison facility now for help on just how to to wash the eyes.

Sometimes kids take a sip that the fragrance, yet usually do not ingest much because of the negative taste. Minor stomach upset have the right to happen, but an intoxication (or drunkenness) indigenous the alcohol is not expected from these accidental ingestions.

If you notice that your child has actually ingested a fragrance product, it is crucial not to panic. Most youngsters will react strongly to the taste that perfume or cologne, and may cough or gag. Take it the party away from the child and wipe their mouth out with a soft wet cloth. You may provide them part water come drink to gain the taste out of your mouth. Execute not shot to induce vomiting.

After you have removed your boy from the situation, immediately call the Missouri Poison center at 1-800-222-1222. Treatment references are often determined by the amount ingested. The poison facility is open up all day, every day for poisoning emergencies and also questions and our team of medical professionals will help to go you with the next steps.

See more: What Was The Goal Of Supporters Of Manifest Destiny? ? A


**Note: nothing forget, every case is different. Come make sure you are gaining the ideal information for your individual situation, click listed below to call or chat. The is fast, free, and confidential.

Click below To call Now