Jul 22nd, 2014 5:23 pmgretzky99 deal Addict Dec 4, 2003 4727 write-ups 192 upvotes

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:23 pm


I live in a condo and each unit has actually their own central A/C.The waiting vents are square shaped and also on the walls in my living room & solarium room.I can change the direction the the airflow.I uncover that also with A/C ~ above the unit still seems a little bit warm.
*
Should the cold air flow be aimed downward in the direction of the floor, in the middle of room, or upwards towards the ceiling?
*
I heard that warm air rises, so thus you must aim the cold A/C airflow upwards so the you bring the hot air upwards quicker and also then the hot air would certainly be gotten rid of quicker?! Is that correct?
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:26 pmaqndDeal Fanatic Apr 20, 2011 7747 posts 2713 upvote ON

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:26 pm


Aim the upwards.In homes with main AC, vents are commonly on the floor pointing upward for the reason you mentioned. You desire to displace the hot air up top and hopefully gain a existing flowing.Blowing come the floor will not offer much incentive for top air come flow.Unless you use ceiling fans too to stir things up. (Not a negative idea)
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:28 pmnomdesplumesDeal Addict Sep 26, 2013 3725 short articles 477 upvote MONTR

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:28 pm


Jul 22nd, 2014 5:32 pmgretzky99 transaction Addict Dec 4, 2003 4727 short articles 192 upvotes

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:32 pm


aqnd wrote: ↑Aim the upwards.In residences with main AC, vents are generally on the floor pointing increase for the factor you mentioned. You desire to displace the hot air up top and hopefully obtain a present flowing.Blowing to the floor will certainly not give much inspiration for top air come flow.Unless you use ceiling fans also to stir things up. (Not a bad idea)
Thanks.So the is undoubtedly upwards huh?It just seems monster though the by having it shoot the air upwards, i will certainly no much longer feel the pretty cool breeze blowing against my skin.

You are watching: Should ac vents face up or down


Jul 22nd, 2014 5:40 pmJWLDeal Guru
*
Nov 18, 2005 11411 posts 2870 upvote Kingston

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:40 pm


aqnd wrote: ↑In homes with central AC, vents are generally on the floor pointing increase for the reason you mentioned. You want to displace the hot air increase top and hopefully obtain a existing flowing.
Same floor vents are used for heating and using her logic those should be in the ceiling pointing downwards. I agree with pointing castle up, just not that component of her logic.
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:40 pmtranquility922Deal skilled Sep 21, 2010 15185 write-ups 4593 upvotes Montréal

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:40 pm


Jul 22nd, 2014 5:44 pmgretzky99 deal Addict Dec 4, 2003 4727 articles 192 upvotes

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:44 pm


aqnd wrote: ↑Aim it upwards.In houses with central AC, vents are typically on the floor pointing increase for the reason you mentioned. You want to displace the warm air up top and also hopefully gain a current flowing.Blowing come the floor will certainly not give much motivation for top air come flow.Unless you usage ceiling fans as well to stir things up. (Not a bad idea)
I simply want come add, as i said before my vent is ~ above the wall, yet its likewise high up on the wall near the ceiling.Does that median it will certainly take much longer to cool mine place because i dont have actually a vent on the floor? ns assume a floor vent help push the hot air indigenous the bottom to the top quicker that a ceiling vent. Correct?
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:45 pmaqndDeal Fanatic Apr 20, 2011 7747 posts 2713 rise ON

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:45 pm


JWL wrote: ↑Same floor vents are provided for heating and using her logic those have to be in the ceiling pointing downwards. I agree through pointing them up, just not that component of her logic.
Same reasoning, its forced air, no radiant.Radiant is a true convection current. In required air you"re blow it where you want. You desire to gain the air required as much as possible and complete a current by gift sucked back in. If you have a return on one wall and a vent top top the other, aiming for the floor and across cuts out a the majority of the room. Aiming up and across creates a existing up and around the room vs right across. Make sense?
gretzky99 wrote: ↑I just want come add, as i said before my vent is top top the wall, however its additionally high up on the wall near the ceiling.Does that average it will certainly take much longer to cool my place because i dont have a vent on the floor? ns assume a floor vent help push the hot air native the bottom come the top much faster that a ceiling vent. Correct?
I to be picturing it an ext near the floor.If its high up I"d have it blow straight out to distribute the air as much as possible.Where is the return, together you claimed it"s a central unit vs wall unit.
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:47 pmtranquility922Deal skilled Sep 21, 2010 15185 short articles 4593 upvotes Montréal

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:47 pm


Ideally, there should be ceiling vents because that A/C only and also floor vents for heating only, yet usually home builders are also cheap and only choose 1 set or the other. If you have actually both, you should have actually some type of luxurious abode.

See more: How Do You Say I Love You In Serbian, Which Serbian Love Phrases Everybody Should Know


Jul 22nd, 2014 5:47 pmgretzky99 transaction Addict Dec 4, 2003 4727 write-ups 192 upvotes

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:47 pm


tranquility922 wrote: ↑Heat rises; cold drops, therefore aim highest as it will ultimately go down (conversely for heat air).
So how come in office structures the vents room on the ceiling and the cold air flow is pushing down towards the floor (the turning back of what everyone is saying to do) however the workplaces are for this reason nice and cool.How perform you define this?
Jul 22nd, 2014 5:53 pmtranquility922Deal expert Sep 21, 2010 15185 articles 4593 upvote Montréal

Jul 22nd, 2014 5:53 pm


gretzky99 wrote: ↑So just how come in office buildings the vents are on the ceiling and the cold air flow is pushing down towards the floor (the reverse of what anyone is saying to do) however the workplaces are for this reason nice and cool.How do you define this?

Display articles from previous: all postsLast dayLast 7 daysLast 2 weeksLast monthLast 3 months6 MonthsLast year

Sort by AuthorPost timeAscendingDescending

Go
TopJump to ForumDeals & Freebies hot Deals continuous Deal conversation Shopping discussion Coupons Freebies Request-A-Deal Contests Expired supplies Expired warm Deals Expired Coupons Expired Freebies Expired Contestsmmsanotherstage2019.com.com Buy, Sell, and Trading post Buy, Sell, and Trading article BST: Apparel BST: Automotive & accessories BST: Cameras & accessories BST: cabinet Phones & accessories BST: computer system Hardware, Tablets, software & accessories BST: electronics BST: Gift Cards BST: Textbooks BST: tickets BST: video Games, Music & movie BST: everything Else totally free Stuff Scammers and Warnings Archived BST PostsSite related The Welcome to mmsanotherstage2019.com.com Forum site Comments & SuggestionsDiscussion Art and also Photography Automotive Wheels and also Tires Careers computer systems & electronics Cell Phones Entertainment computer & video Games Entrepreneurship & little Business Fashion & beauty beauty Food & Drink health & Wellness residence & Garden eco-friendly / green Real legacy Parenting & Family personal Finance Investing genuine Estate credit Cards pet Students sports & Recreation Fitness and Nutrition TravelArchives past Promotions Archive black Friday, Cyber Monday & Boxing day Forum save Boxing Day conversation Archive black color Friday & Cyber Monday discussion Archive Boxing job 2017 transaction Boxing day 2017 discussion Black Friday & Cyber Monday transaction 2018 black color Friday & Cyber Monday conversation 2018 Boxing day 2018 transaction Boxing job 2018 conversation Black Friday & Cyber Monday transaction 2019 black Friday & Cyber Monday transaction 2020 black color Friday & Cyber Monday discussion 2020 Boxing day 2020 transaction Boxing work 2020 conversation 2019 Air miles Mega mile 2019 Air mile Shop The Block 2020 Air mile Mega mile 2020 Air miles Shop the Block Referral Deal conversation Cyber Monday transaction 2015 team Deal discussion Past Promotions RFD third Anniversary: success an Xbox! RFD third Anniversary: develop & victory $500 wish List! RFD fourth Anniversary: produce & victory $400 wish List! NCIX Boxing mainly 2006 wish List dispute - challenge Closed! RFD 5th Anniversary: create & win $1000 NCIX great List! construct it and Win it $2,000 NCIX.com Custom pc Contest! PriceCanada.com first Anniversary contest NCIX.com construct Your back to School pc 2007 Contest! NCIX grand Reopening dispute NCIX 10th Anniversary: develop & victory $500 NCIX great List! NCIX Boxing week 2007 Wish list Contest create & win Your $3,000 Newegg.ca Wish perform Contest! Tell us Your Story - Valentine"s work Contest! 2008 mmsanotherstage2019.com.com 1st Annual Member Awards 2nd Annual mmsanotherstage2019.com.com Member Awards 3rd Annual Member Awards! Congrats to the Winners! mmsanotherstage2019.com 2013 holiday Wish list Giveaway from NCIX.com - end $2,500 in Prizes! team Deals Expired team DealsGo