1. Ar the frog in the dissecting pan ventral side up.
You are watching: How many lobes does a frog liver have
2. Usage scissors come lift the abdominal muscle muscles far from the body cavity.Cut along the midline the the body to the forelimbs.3.Make transverse (horizontal) cuts near the arms and also legs.4.Life the flaps of the body wall and pin back.
*Ifyour specimen is a female, the body may be filled with eggs. You might need to remove these eggs to see the organs.
Locateeach of the guts below. Check the crate to indicate that youfound the organs.
1. FatBodies --Spaghetti shaped frameworks that have actually a glowing orange oryellow color, if you have a particularly fat frog, these fat body mayneed come be removed to view the various other structures. Usually they space locatedjust top top the inside of the abdominal muscle wall.
2. Peritoneum A spider-web favor membrane the covers many of the organs, most quickly seen covering the heart.
3. Liver--Thelargest framework of the the human body cavity. This brown colored organ iscomposed of three lobes. The right lobe, the leftanterior lobe, and also the left posterior lobe. The live secretes a digestive juice calledbile i m sorry is essential for the appropriate digestion of fats.
4. Heart - at the height of the liver, the heart is a triangular structure. The leftand right atrium deserve to be found at the optimal of the heart. A single ventricle situated at the bottom of the heart. The big vessel prolonging out fromthe love is the conus arteriosis.
5. Lungs - situate the two spongy lungs by spring behind the heart and also liver..
6. Bitterly Bladder --Lift the lobes of the liver,there will be a little green sac under the liver. This is the gall bladder,which stores bile. (hint: it type of looks choose a booger)
7. Stomach--Curving from under the liveris the stomach. The stomach is the very first major site of chemical digestion.Frogs swallow your meals whole. Follow the stomach to whereby it turnsinto the little intestine. The pyloric sphincter valve regulatesthe leave of digested food indigenous the stomach come the small intestine.
8. Pancreas - This framework is located on the within curve that the stomach. It it a gland that often drops apart during the preserving process so it numerous not be clearly shows on your frog.
9. SmallIntestine--Leading from the stomach. The very first straight portionof the tiny intestine is referred to as the duodenum, the cutting portionis the ileum. The ileum is organized together by a membrane calledthe mesentery. Note the blood ship running through the mesentery,they will certainly carry absorbed nutrients away from the intestine. Absorptionof digested nutrient occurs in the small intestine.
10. LargeIntestine--As you monitor the tiny intestine down, the willwiden into the large intestine. The big intestine leads to the cloaca, i m sorry is the last stop prior to solid wastes,sperm, eggs, and also urine departure the frog"s body. (The native "cloaca" meanssewer.) The opening to the external of the doy is the anus.
11. Spleen--Return to the wrinkle of the mesentery, this dark redspherical thing serves together a holding area because that blood.
12. Esophagus--Return come the stomach and also followit upward, where it gets smaller is the beginning of the esophagus.The stomach is the tube the leads from the frogs mouth come the stomach.Open the frogs mouth and also find the esophagus, poke your probe into itand view where the leads.
Removal that theStomach: cut the stomach out of the frog and also open it up. Friend may discover whatremains the the frog"s last meal in there. Look at the texture of the stomachon the inside.
Whatdid you uncover in the stomach?
Measuring the Smallintestine: remove the little intestine from the body cavity and also carefullyseparate the mesentery indigenous it. Large the tiny intestine out andmeasure it. Currently measure her frog. Document the measurements listed below in centimeters. Frog length:_______ cm Intestine length ________ cm
The frog"s reproductiveand excretory device is linked into one system dubbed the urogenital system.You will require to understand the structures for both the male and female frog
Kidneys - flattened p shaped organs located atthe lower ago of the frog, close to the spine. Castle are often a dark color. Thekidneys filter wastes indigenous the blood. Regularly the top of the kidneys have actually yellowish stringy fat body attached.
See more: What Special Knowledge Did The Bantu Carry With Them As They Migrated ?
Testes - in male frogs, these organs are situated atthe height of the kidneys, they space pale colored and also roundish. Oviducts - females execute not have actually testes, though youmay watch a curly structure roughly the external of the kidney, these arethe oviducts. Oviducts are where eggs room produced. Males deserve to havestructures that look similar, but serve no really purpose. In males, theyare called vestigial oviducts.
Bladder - An empty sac situated at the lowest partof the human body cavity. The bladder stores urine.
Cloaca - mentioned again as part of the urogenitalsystem - urine, sperm and also eggs exit here.
Label the parts of the urogenital system.
Post lab Questions
1. The membrane hold the coils of the tiny intestine together: _________________________2.This body organ is uncovered under the liver, it shop bile: ___________________________3. Name the 3 lobes of the liver: _____________________, ____________________, ____________________4. The body organ that is the an initial major site of chemistry digestion: _______________________5. Eggs, sperm, urine and wastes all empty right into this structure: __________________________6. The little intestine leader to the: _______________________________7. The esophagus leads to the: ______________________________8. Yellowish frameworks that offer as an energy reserve: _________________________9. The very first part of the tiny intestine(straight part): ____________________________10. After food passes v the stomach the enters the: _________________________11. A spiderweb choose membrane the covers the organs: ___________________________12. Regulates the departure of partially digested food native the stomach: _____________________13. The digestive device ends at the opening called the:________________________14. Organ discovered within the mesentery the stores blood: __________________________15. The largest organ in the human body cavity: __________________________
Label the Diagram
A. __________________________________B. __________________________________C. __________________________________D. __________________________________E. __________________________________F. __________________________________G. __________________________________H. __________________________________I. __________________________________J. __________________________________K. __________________________________L. __________________________________M. __________________________________N. __________________________________P. __________________________________
Credits: location Frog at top - http://www.clker.com/clipart-coolred-eyed-frog.htmlFrog Urogenital solution were modifed native http://biodidac.bio.uottawa.ca/ Frog Labeling modifed native an unknown scource, letter were included as were absent organs
This is part of a dissection collection that includes: Frog external Anatomy | Frog Dissection | Frog mind and LegPictures of Dissected from v labels are easily accessible at Frog Dissection Gallery