11) Which among the adhering to statements effectively compares the results of a mutation in a gamete come the impacts of a mutation in a somatic cell?
A) Somatic cabinet mutations constantly cause cancer, conversely, gamete mutations do not.
You are watching: How many codons are in the following sequence of nucleotides: aaaugcucguaa?
B) Gamete mutations space passed come the following generation, vice versa, somatic cabinet mutations room not.
C) Gamete mutations are generally deadly, whereas somatic cell mutations are not.
D) Somatic cell mutations are typically deadly, conversely, gamete mutations room not.
E) Mutations in both varieties of cell usually an outcome in cancer.
12) Mutations in human DNA seldom impair regular cell duty because
A) repair of DNA stays clear of all mutations from ever causing damage to a cell
B) damaged cell commit "suicide" to prevent damages to the body
C) cells have actually one significant repair enzyme that corrects the mutations quickly
D) many DNA repair enzymes usually easily correct the mutations before any damage deserve to occur
E) the cells assault dysfunctional gene products, averting damages to the cell
13) Which among the following statements explains the procedure through i m sorry a major RNA transcript i do not care a practical mRNA?
A) sections of the primary transcript dubbed exons space removed, and also the part that remain are spliced together.
B) sections of RNA called exons are included to the primary transcript.
C) A main transcript demands no editing and also is automatically ready to function as mRNA.
D) Noncoding part of the main transcript, referred to as introns, room removed, and the staying coding sections, dubbed exons, room spliced together.
See more: Remington 30 06 Model 710 Price, Remington Model 710 Bolt Action Rifle 30
E) arbitrarily sections the the major transcript referred to as exons are changed with sections dubbed introns.
14) How countless codons room in the complying with sequence of nucleotides: AAAUGCUCGUAA?
15) The processes of initiation, elongation, and termination that happen in the manufacturing of a protein are all linked with
A) DNA replication
B) handling of a fat in the endoplasmic reticulum
C) correction of a mutation
D) formation of an intact ribosome
16) A codon is
A) a kind of DNA fix enzyme
B) a promoter that prevents the attachments of RNA polymerase
C) a succession of 3 nitrogenous bases on mRNA that corresponds to one amino acid
D) the part of the ribosome come which mRNA attaches
E) a succession of 3 nitrogenous bases top top tRNA that corresponds to an amino acid
17) at which one of the adhering to stages the the cell cycle walk a chromosome develop into 2 sister chromatids?
A) mitotic phase
B) S phase
C) G1 phase
D) G2 phase
E) G0 phase
18) that is evident that translation occurs at ribosomes because they save binding website for
A) main transcripts of mRNA
B) DNA repair enzymes
D) tRNA and also mRNA
E) mitotic spindles
19) Which one of the following stages of mitosis is presented in the figure, and which phase comes next?
A) anaphase, telophase
B) telophase, anaphase
C) prophase, anaphase
D) metaphase, anaphase
E) metaphase, telophase
20) Chromosomes an initial become clearly shows as 2 sister chromatids hosted together in ~ the centromere throughout which among the adhering to phases?