You are watching: 2004 mazda 6 timing chain replacement
Fuel heat spills and leakage room dangerous. Fuel deserve to ignite and cause major injures or death and also damage. Fuel can also irritate skin and eyes. To stop this, constantly complete the Fuel Line safety Procedure. (See Fuel Line safety Procedure.)1. Disconnect the an adverse battery cable.
2. Eliminate the spark plugs. (See SPARK PLUG REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
3. Eliminate the tire (RH).
4. Eliminate the under cover.
5. Ease the water pump pulley bolt and removal the drive belt. (See journey BELT REPLACEMENT.)
6. Remove the CKP sensor. (See CRANKSHAFT position (CKP) SENSOR REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
7. Drain the engine oil. (See ENGINE OIL REPLACEMENT.)
8. Remove the P/S oil pump through the oil hose still connected and also position the P/S oil pump so that it is the end of the way. (See power STEERING OIL PUMP REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
9. Eliminate the prior drive column (RH) native the joint shaft. (See JOINT tower REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
10. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
11. Download in the reverse order that removal.
12. Start the engine and:Inspect for the engine oil, engine coolant, transaxle oil and fuel leakage.Verify the ignition timing, idle speed and idle mixture. (See IGNITION time INSPECTION.) (See IDLE MIXTURE INSPECTION.)
13. Execute a road test.
Crankshaft pulley Lock Bolt remove Note
1. Eliminate the cylinder block lower blind plug.
2. Install the SST.
3. Turn the crankshaft clockwise the crankshaft is in the No.1 cylinder TDC position.
4. Hold the crankshaft pully by utilizing the SSTs.
Chain Tensioner removal Note
1. Utilizing a slim screwdriver, host the chain tensioner ratchet lock device away indigenous the ratchet stem.
2. Progressively compress the tensioner piston.
3. Host the tensioner piston making use of a 1.5 mm 0.059 in wire or file clip.
No.3 Engine mountain Rubber and also No.3 Engine share Bracket remove Note
Suspend the engine using the SSTs.
Oil Pump Sprocket removal Note
Hold the oil pump sprocket by utilizing the SST.
Engine front Cover remove Note
Remove the oil seal making use of a driver asshown.
Oil Pump Sprocket installation Note
Hold the oil pump sprocket by utilizing the SST.
Timing Chain installation Note
Install the SST come the camshaft together shown.
Except europe countries
2. Download the timing chain.
3. Remove the retaining wire or file clip native the auto tensioner to use tension to the time chain.
Engine former Cover surroundings Note
1. Apply silicone sealant to the engine prior cover as shown.
CautionInstall the cylinder head cover in ~ 10 minutes of applying the silicone sealant.
Silicone sealant is not need in area C together indicated below due come an existing. (L3)ThicknessA: 2.0-3.0 mm 0.079-0.118 inB: 1.5-2.5 mm 0.059-0.098 in
2. Download the cylinder head covering bolts in the order together shown.
Front Oil Seal installation Note
1. Use clean engine oil come the oil seal.
2. Push the oil seal slightly in through hand.
3. Compress the oil seal utilizing the SST and a hammer.
No.3 Engine mount Rubber and No.3 Engine joint Bracket environment Note
1. Tighten the stud bolt that the No.3 engine mountain bracket.
Tightening torque:7.0-13 N·m 71.4-132.5 kgf·cm, 62.0-115.0in·lbf
2. Install the No.3 engine mountain rubber hand-tighten.
3. Tighten the No.3 engine joint bracket is attached and bolts, nuts in the order shown.
Crankshaft sheave Lock Bolt surroundings Note
1. Install the SST come the camshaft as shown.
Except european countries
2. Download the M6 x 1.0 bolt in through hand.
3. Rotate the crankshaft clockwise the crankshaft is in the No.1 cylinder TDC position.
4. Host the crankshaft pully by using the SST.
5. Tighten the crankshaft wheel lock bolt utilizing the following two steps.
(1) Tighten to 96-104 N·m 9.8-10.6 kgf·m, 70.9-76.7 ft·lbf
(2) Tighten 87°-93°
6. Eliminate the M6 x 1.0 bolt.
7. Eliminate the SST native the camshaft.
8. Remove the SST indigenous the cylinder block lower blind plug.
9. Revolve the crankshaft clockwise two transforms until the TDC position.If not aligned, loosen the crankshaft sheave lock bolt and also repeat from action 1.
10. Install the cylinder block lower blind plug.
Tightening torque:18-22 N·m 1.9-2.2 kgf·m, 13.3-16.2 ft·lbf
Cylinder Head cover Installation Note
1. Apply silicone sealant to the mating encounters as shown.
CautionInstall the cylinder head cover within 10 minute of using the silicone sealant.
Dot diameter:4.0-6.0 mm 0.16-0.23 in
2. Download the cylinder head cover through a new gasket.
See more: How Many Kilograms In 210 Pounds (Lb) To Kilograms (Kg), 210 Lbs To Kg Converter
3. Tighten the bolts in the order shown.
Tightening torque:8.0-11.5 N·m 81.6-122.3 kgf·cm, 70.9-106.2 in·lbf
various other materials:
Mazda 6 organization Manual: Cup Holder WARNINGNever use a cup holder to hold hot liquids if the vehicle is moving: using a cup holder to hold hot liquids if the automobile is relocating is dangerous. If the materials spill, you could be scalded.Do not put anything other than cup or drink can be ~ in cup holders: putting objects othe ...
Mazda 6 service Manual: front fender panel FRONT FENDER panel REMOVAL/INSTALLATION1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.2. Eliminate the former side rotate light.3. Remove the fender molding. (See COWL GRILLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)4. Eliminate the former bumper. (See prior BUMPER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)5. Eliminate the front mix light ...